Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Flowers for the Teacher



     This is the flower bouquet I gave a co-worker whom I've been teaching 6th grade math with for the past 2 school years.  I won't be working with her next year, and I'm going to miss her terribly!  She taught me so much about teaching 6th grade math.  Hopefully next year I can do just 1/2 as well as she has done over the past 2 years.

     I purchased the tutorial to make these flowers from Leigha Rock.  She is AMAZING!  Every tutorial I've purchased has turned out stunning!  Everyone ewwws, ahhhas, and oh mys! over my flowers each time I use one of her tutorials.  I can't thank Leigha enough for her beautiful work, wonderful ideas, and well-written tutorials!  See the other bouquet I made HERE

     Most of the flowers are made using various punches.  The daisies are made using the now retired Stampin' Up! Daisy #2 Big Shot die.  Yes, those are real pencils all the way around the "vase".  Oh, and the "vase", well, that was a bit more challenging than I thought, but not a problem!  I used the middle section of a 20 oz. Pepsi bottle.  I cut the top and bottom off (if you look at a bottle, you'll see a natural place to cut it).  I then pushed that plastic tub into floral foam.  TADAH!  Instant vase!

RECIPE

CARD STOCK:  Lucky Limeade, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, & Whisper White

INKS:  Lucky Limeade, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, & Rose Red

TOOLS:  Paper Trimmer, Daisies #2 Big Shot Die, Floral Fusion Sizzlet, Fun Flowers Die, Ornament Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Boho Blossoms Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Blossom Petals Builder Punch, Basic Peal Jewels - small, medium, and XL sizes, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, & Stampin' Sponges

NON-STAMPIN' UP! ITEMS:  Floral Wire, Pepsi Bottle, Pencils, Hot Glue Gun, Ribbon, & Floral Foam

Click HERE to order Stampin' Up! products from my website, 24/7

     I also made an apple card to go with this bouquet.  Please stop by tomorrow to see that card!

Happy Wednesday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels