Friday, April 2, 2010

Paper Roses


     This beautiful rose was inspired by Becky Jensen and Chera Wiest.  Both ladies have tutorials on their blogs, but I'll give you a quick explanation as to how I made it.  I used all Stampin' UP! products to make both roses and the wedding favor box featured in this post.

RECIPE:

CARD STOCK:  Very Vanilla
INK: Cameo Coral
TOOLS: 1" Circle Punch, Ornament Punch, Sticky Strip, & Stampin' Sponge

FREE TUTORIAL:

DIRECTIONS:

     Punch a 1" circle and 12 ornaments out of Very Vanilla card stock.  Ink the edges of both sides of all 12 ornaments.  I used 3 different items to roll my ornaments.  I used the handle of my stipple brush (about the size of 2-3 pencils) to roll the 4 outside petals.  I used my stylus (you can also use a pencil) to roll the 4 middle petals.  I used a wooden cuticle orange stick (mine is wooden) to roll the 4 tight inside petals.  Next, bend the ornament tops up towards the rolled center of each petal.  Next put a piece of Sticky Strip on the back of each ornament top.

     To assemble, take the first 4 petals (the ones open the most), and attach them to the 1" circle in the north, south, east, west positions.  Next, take the the next group of 4 petals (the medium rolled ones) and attach them inside the ones you just attached, off setting them (so they are in between the first four pedals).   Last, take the last four petals and attach them to the center.  By this step, it's a little tight, but still easy to get them in there.  I off set them from the last set I attached, while also putting them in to look like the middle of a rose.  Once you get to this step, you will easily be able to determine where you want the petals.

     For a larger, fuller rose, use a larger circle and more ornament punches.  The possibilities are endless.

Here is a wedding favor I made using a rose as an embellishment:

This wedding favor box was inspired by Connie Babbert.
Check out her box HERE.

RECIPE:

CARD STOCK:  Whisper White & Certainly Celery
INK: Pretty In Pink
TOOLS: Ornament Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Big Shot, Bag with Scallops XL Die, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Little Leaves Sizzlet Die, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Sponge

     If you would like help making these roses, or if you are interested in a class to make them, please let me know.  I'd love to help you out or hold a class.

**If you'd like to oder the ornament punch, to make these roses, you can either call/email me to order it for you, or you can goto my website, and place an order there.**

116794  Ornament punch  $15.95

Happy Friday!
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels