Sunday, March 20, 2011

Embedded/Inlaid Embossing

     This is the newest, all-the-rage, technique.  I first saw it at the Baltimore Regionals I attended in October.  Unlike everyone else, I just was not WOWed by it.  I didn't like the look, so I never used the technique, until now.


     This technique is called by two different names:  Embedded Embossing and Inlaid Embossing.  So if you see either of these names, know that it's the same technique.

     To achieve this look, just follow the free mini tutorial I have below:

FREE MINI TUTORIAL:

     Design your card in anyway you wish.  Layer card stock.  Just make sure you use adhesive on all the edges of your paper, otherwise it will pull up after it's been embossed (yes, I'm speaking from experience).  Next, use the embossing folder of your choice (here, I've used Square Lattice - the popular embossing folder for this technique), and put the entire completed front of your card in the embossing folder and run it through your Big Shot.  Done!  Embellish as you wish.

     Now, wasn't that easy?

RECIPE:

CARD STOCK:  Crumb Cake, Pretty In Pink, & Very Vanilla


INK:  Pretty In Pink


STAMPS:  Teeny Tiny Wishes & Flight of the Butterfly


TOOLS:  Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Butterfly Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch

Click HERE to order Stampin' UP! products, 24/7, from my website.

     Sale-A-Bration will be ending in 11 days!  Don't miss your chance to receive FREE ♥  Stampin' UP! products.  This is the best time to order from Stampin' UP!  For every $50 you spend (not including tax & shipping), you will receive a FREE SAB item - no limit.  What could be better?  
     If you don't have a SAB catalog, and want one, let me know.  I'd be happy to give you one.  If you would like to see the SAB stamp sets that are in the big catalog, click HERE.

Click HERE to order Stampin' UP! products, 24/7, from my website.

Happy Sunday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels