Friday, January 28, 2011

Snow Day Project Sneak Peek

SNEAK PEEK:  Can you guess what I put these on?  I bet you can't!


     If you guessed a Valentine's Day card, you'd be wrong.  You will have to come back tomorrow to see what I did with these beautiful hearts.

     Now on to these beautiful hearts.  Here are close ups of each of them:


     I used the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit, the Full Heart Punch, and the Pinking Hearts Border punch to make them.  I punched out a Full Heart Punch and then placed it in the middle of the Heart of Hearts embosslit and ran it through the Big Shot.  That is how I got the polka dots on them to match the heart under it.

FREE TUTORIAL:

     To do the lace around the heart, I punched out an 8 in strip using the Pinking Heart border punch.  I then cut it at 3/4" wide.  I then ran it through my crimper 3 - 4 times.  I then took my bone folder and "curled" the strip - on both ends.  What the crimper and curling does is loosen the fibers in the paper and it ends up in two layers that you can pull apart.  This makes the paper very easy to manipulate and work around any shape.  I used SNAIL adhesive on the back of the heart and put the lace on my hearts.  When I had the lace looking the way I wanted it, I punched a Full Heart Punch from scrap paper and used Tombow adhesive to glue it on the back, to hold the lace in place.  I really love the look of the lace on these hearts.

RECIPE:

CARD STOCK:  Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, & Early Espresso

INK:  Early Espresso

TOOLS:  Big Shot, Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit, Full Heart Punch, Pinking Heart Border Punch, Crimper, Basic Pearls Jewel Accents, SNAIL Adhesive, Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive

     I'd love to teach everyone how to make these beautiful hearts.  If you are interested in learning how to make these, let me know.  I'd be happy to set up a class for those of you who are interested.

Happy Friday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels