Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas is in the air


     It's now 1 month before Christmas and that means I can jump into the Christmas spirit.  I love to turn the radio on and hear all my favorite Christmas songs, (though I'm not excited to hear these fun songs before Thanksgiving).  Now that I'm in the Christmas mood, out come all my Christmas stamps and let the gift & card making begin!


     This is such a quick and simple card to make.  This card was made at a demonstrator meeting this month.  Lix Kuhns, our team leader, taught us how to make this card.  Oh, it's SO simple!

     When I got home, I ended up redoing the front, as I dropped the stamp with the steam  and got black ink where I didn't want it.  When I fixed my card, I added to it.  I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig and Versa Mark ink and stamped over the mug again, and covered it in Sugar & Spice scented embossing powder.  It added so much to this really cute card!  It smells so heavenly.

     Take a closer look at the mug.  Want to know how I used two colors without coloring the entire stamp using markers (yes, I used an ink pad)?  Check out my mini tutorial below.

MINI TUTORIAL

     Take the mug stamp and ink it with your color of choice.  Using a Blender Pen, remove the ink from the area where the liquid is.  You will need to swipe the stamp a few times and then scribble off the ink on scrap paper, until your Blender Pen is clear.  Keep doing this process until all the color is off of your stamp.  Using the color marker of your choice, color in the area you just cleaned off.  Huff, breath heavily over your stamp and stamp it.

RECIPE:

CARD STOCK:  Whisper White & Raspberry Ripple

INK:  Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, Early Espresso (marker), Stazon Black, & Versa Mark

STAMPS:  Scentsational Season & Sassy Salutations

TOOLS:  Big Shot, Holiday Collection Framelits Dies, Sugar & Spice Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, & Stampin' Dimensionals

Click HERE to order Stampin' Up! products from my website, 24/7




     3 days left on the Stampin' Up! sale items.  Don't miss out on 20% - 50% off!  Click HERE to download the sale flyer.  You can order online from my website, or you can contact me with your order.  Don't wait!  Sale ends Wednesday November 28, 2012.

Click HERE to order Stampin' Up! products from my website, 24/7


Happy Monday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels