Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Peace On Earth


     The idea for this card came from Lynda Lee.  I saw her card on Pinterest.  If you are looking for ideas, check out my Pinterest boards, HERE.   I'm sure you'll find a lot of ideas and inspiration there.



     I made my own shimmer mist for the shimmery blue snowflake in the background.  I have a mini tutorial below, telling you exactly how I made it.

     This is another very quick and simple card to make.  An easy one to mass produce for everyone on your Christmas card list.  Just a few supplies needed and you're set.

     Make a template for your large snowflake.  Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock the same size as the Snow Flurry Bigz die.  Use the two smaller snowflakes for your card.  Save the large snowflake for another project.  Using scrap paper, cover up the negatives of the two smaller snowflakes.  Place your template on your card layer, ensuring you template covers your entire card front.  If not, use scrap paper to cover your card front.  Otherwise you will get shimmer mist where you don't want it.  Spray your mist.  If you spray too much, it will run (don't ask me how I know this :O).

MINI TUTORIAL:

     Fill a Stampin' Spritzer about 3/4 full with 91% rubbing alcohol (the 75% in your medicine cabinet will also work.  the 91% dies quicker - that's all).  Add 3-6 drops of re-inker in the color of your choice (I used Baja Breeze for this card).  The more drops you use the darker the color will be.  Add 3 drops of Frost White Shimmer Paint.  Shake well,  Spritz.  To help dry quicker, use Stampin' Up!'s Heat Tool on the low setting.

RECIPE

CARD STOCK:  Baja Breeze & Whisper White

INK:  Not Quite Navy (ink pad), Baja Breeze (re-inker), & Frost White Shimmer Paint

STAMPS:  Greetings of the Season

TOOLS:  Big Shot, Snow Flurry Bigz Die, Stampin' Spritzer, Heat Tool, Dazzling Details, Glue Dots

Click HERE to order Stampin' Up! products from my website, 24/7



     There are only 2 more days left!  Many items on sale!  Check them out HERE.  You can order online, or you can email me (stampwithsandy@rcn.com) with your order and I'll place it for you.  Be sure to come back tomorrow.  There is a One-Day Only sale on the last day.  The Clear Block Bundle, the Clear Block Storage Caddy, and the Stack & Store Caddy are all on sale tomorrow.  Check back for all the details!

Click HERE to order Stampin' Up! products from my website, 24/7

Happy Tuesday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels