Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My homemade Advent Calendars

     When the Holiday Mini Catalog(available to order from until January 3, 2012), came out, I looked right past the 25 & Counting stamp set - saying to myself, "Sandy, you just don't have time this year to make an Advent calendar.  Don't get it and stress yourself out because you didn't have time to make one."

     Well, last month, when I placed my monthly order, I ended ended up with enough Hostess Dollars to get it FREE!  So I got it!  When it arrived, I thought, no time, no time.  Next year.  That is when my upline chimed in and said, let's get together and make one.  So I got all excited and got ready, but she had to cancel.  So then my mom jumped in and said, "We WILL make them!"

     We bought mini muffin tins to build our Advent calendars on.  What do you think?

Made by me
Made by mom
 NOTE:  We did not use Stampin' Up! paper on this project!

Here are a few close up photos (you can also click on any photo to enlarge it):



     Since the muffin tins only had 24 spots, I added the 25th to the bottom.  Here is a close up of the 25th, both outside and inside:



     I hope I've inspired you to make an Advent calendar.  I did this in one day.  Yes, a bit of time, but so worth it in the end!

RECIPE

CARD STOCK:  Various patterned and glitter paper (not Stampin' Up!) & Whisper White

INKS:  various colors to match all the paper

STAMPS:  25 & Counting & Many Merry Messages

TOOLS:  Big Shot, Peekaboo Frames Die, Scallop Square Punch, & Crazy Glue Craft (not SU! - to glue paper onto the muffin tins)

Click HERE to order Stampin' Up! products from my website, 24/7

     I hope you like this project.  If you'd like to make one, but don't know where to start, contact me.  I'd love to help you make one!

Happy Wednesday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels