Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day card #1

Happy Father's Day!


     This is the Father's Day card I made for my husband.  My oldest stamped "Thanks a Million" from the stamp set Word Play then wrote, "for being the best Daddy".  This picture just does not do the card justice.

     I did use brads & faux metal on this card that are NOT Stampin' Up!, but other than that, all materials are Stampin' Up! products.

     To learn how I did the fuax metal on this card, see my mini tutorial at the end of this post.

RECIPE

CARD STOCK:  Basic Black, Night of Navy, Whisper White, & Faux Metal Peel & Stick by Duck (not SU!)


MARKERS:  Night of Navy, Basic Gray, & Cherry Cobbler


STAMPS:  All Holidays (retiring 6/30/11) & Word Play (inside)


TOOLS:  Big Shot, Perfect Details Texturz Plate Die, & Dimensionals

Click HERE to order Stampin' Up! products from my website, 24/7

     Please stop by tomorrow to see the Father's Day card I made for my dad.  You won't want to miss that card.


FREE TUTORIAL:

     To get the faux metal, I used Faux Metal Peel & Stick by Duck.  I found it at Lowes (shhhh!).  I cut a piece slightly larger than I wanted my final size to be.  I then stuck it to a piece of scrap card stock and cut to the size I wanted.  I then used a Stampin' UP! Sizzix embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot.  The effect is gorgeous!



Happy Monday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels