Friday, May 13, 2011

White on White Wedding

CONGRATULATIONS KATE & DAN!


     I wanted to make an elegant wedding card for Kate & Dan.  I had seen a bunch of wonderful white on white ideas on Stampin' Connection (a Stampin' Up! demonstrator-only website).  I love the look of white on white and knew the look would be the perfect look for an elegant wedding card.

     I thought about using a color (green - Kate's favorite color), but I just didn't like it.  I pulled out black and knew in an instant that black was the color to use.

RECIPE

CARD STOCK:  Whisper White & Basic Black

INK:  Basic Black

STAMPS:  Curly Cute

TOOLS:  Big Shot, Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Basic Pearls Jewel Accents (NOTE:  I didn't use SU! pearls on this particular card), 2-Way Glue Pen

Click HERE to order Stampin' UP! products from my website 24/7

     I used a little bit of 2-way glue down the center of each butterfly.  When I stuck each butterfly down, I held them down in the middle (where I placed the glue), and pulled the wings up a little bit.  This makes the butterflies 3D and gives them the effect of flying around the card.

     I used a clear envelope (102619) as the finishing touch.

It's always fun to see your card while it's in the envelope, especially when it's a beautiful card!

Happy Friday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels