Saturday, September 4, 2010

Christmas Card: Stampin' UP! style



     I absolutely love the new set, Got Treats.  

Wood-Mount - 119114 - $24.95
Clear-Mount - 120723 - $17.95

I knew the minute I saw it in the new Idea Book & Catalog I HAD to buy it.  It was the first set I bought.  I love how versatile the set is.  I purchased the clear-mount set and cut the words away from the pictures. This allows me to use the pictures in one ink color and not the words, which is exactly what I did in the card I'm about to share with you.

     I made this card for our demo team swap this month - Christmas cards.  Dawn Griffith inspired this card.  Check out Dawn's card HERE.  My card is not exactly like her's, but several features are the same (the punches and stamps used, and the layout).  I didn't have brads to use, so I made my own faux brads using the mat pack (for placement), the Versa Marker and Crystal Effects.  I absolutely LOVE how they turned out!  I colored the buttons on the gingerbread boy with a marker, and used Crystal Effects to make them 3-D.

     If you would like to host a workshop and have me demonstrate how to make this card (which is VERY simple to make even though it looks complicated), please contact me.  I have many dates open and I'd love to show you and your friends how to make this wonderful card.

RECIPE:

CARD STOCK:  Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, & Cherry Cobbler

INK:  Early Espresso

MARKERS:  Cherry Cobbler & Versa Marker

STAMPS:  Got Treats

PUNCHES:  Modern Label, Word Window, 1 3/8" Circle, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, & 2 3/8" Scallop Circle

TOOLS:  Stampin' Sponges, Crystal Effects, Mat Pack, & foam from rubber stamps extras (to give added height). Dimensionals can be used, but I wanted the sentiment to be just slightly higher than Dimensionals make it.  The choice is yours :O)

Happy Saturday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels