Friday, June 18, 2010

Stampin' UP! Butterfly Clock

     This is what I made on my first day of summer vacation:


     I got this idea from the May Stampin' Success, a monthly magazine for demonstrators only.  It is full of wonderful ideas, as well as business tips.  This is just one of the many perks for being a Stampin' UP! Demonstrator.  If you are interested in learning more about being a demonstrator, or you would like to peak into the latest Stampin' Success magazine, please contact me.  I'd love to share with you.


The clock in the magazine was made using flowers and the new core colors, (Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, & Daffodil Delight), all available starting July 1st.


     My clock uses different colors: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, & Pink Pirouette.  I LOVE how these colors look together.

     I bought this clock at a big box store for about $5.  My husband took it apart for me - it was REALLY easy!  I took the clock face and used it as a template for my background.  I used the Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die and the Flight of the Butterfly embosslit die for all the butterflies.  I also inked all the edges of the butterflies.  I also added glitter to the embossed part of the larger butterflies.  I used my Cricut, (shshshsh!  Don't tell on me), to cut out the numbers.

RECIPE:

CARD STOCK: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresson, Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, & Pink Pirouette

INK:  Early Espresson, Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, & Pink Pirouette

TOOLS:  Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies die, the Flight of the Butterfly embosslit die, 1/4" circle punch (retired), 1/2" circle punch, 2-Way Glue, & Dazzling Diamonds glitter

Happy Friday!
     
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels