Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Special Birthday Flower Card

     A few months ago, I made this card:

     I attended my upline's card club and this was one of the cards everyone made.  I loved it so much that I immediately bought the stamp set (With All My Heart), from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I'm hoping it is in the new catalog coming out on July 1st.  I LOVE this stamp set.  This card was super simple and quick to make.  I also used the Extra Large Fancy Flower punch (still available and will be available in the new catalog) to punch out the flower.

     Did you find the fun technique I used on it?  Faux Suede  I used it on the stem of the flower.  Go to THIS post to see how to do the Faux Suede technique.

     I used this card as my inspiration for this next card:
Thanks Sally for designing the previous card which gave me the inspiration for this birthday card!

     I used the same Faux Suede technique on the stem of this flower.  I just love the look, don't you?  Now for this flower, I used the Extra Large Fancy Flower punch and punched out 5 flowers.  Check out THIS post to see how I made the flower.  I bought some cheap body spray in a flower scent, and before I attached the flower to my card, I sprayed it with the body spray.  This gave the flower a very light and lovely scent.  Again, another quick and simple card to make.  Due to the 3-D flower, this card really can't be mailed.  But then, when you make a card like this, don't you like to see the face of the person you are giving it to when they open the card?  I do.  It's worth all the time I put into making the card.

     My open house is this Saturday from 9am to 12pm.  I hope you are able to stop by.  I will be selling older retried stamps, have a few door prizes, special surprises for those that come, and those that place orders on Saturday, free make-n-takes with retiring items and sneak peek items.  Let me know if you are planning on coming.  This way I have enough projects and surprises for everyone.

Happy Thursday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels