Friday, April 23, 2010

Faux Suede Flower

     OH MY!  I got so wrapped up in my graduation (which is in two weeks), and my job (which has been very stressful lately), that I completely forgot to post this last flower from my April Flowers.

Flower Tutorial Information:  The flower was not my idea.  I CASEd the idea from Juli Buhler.  You can find her video tutorial at her BLOG.  Check it out.  It's so easy, and fun to make! 

FREE TUTORIAL:

     Here is how I made my flower:

1.  Take a piece of card stock and run it through the crimper, about 10 times, in every direction.  This breaks down the fibers in the paper, allowing the layers to peel apart.
2.  Crumble up the paper, nice and tight.  Then open it up.
3.  Peel the card stock apart into 2 pieces.
4.  Punch as desired.

     It's that simple!

For my flower, I punched three 5 Petal Flower punches.  I used the paper piercer and pierced the centers and used a rhinestone brad.  I covered one side of a clothes pin with Designer Series Paper (the hostess Level 1 set).  I used a glue dot to attach the flower to the clothes pin.

RECIPE:

CARD STOCK:  Rose Red, Pretty In Pink DSP (hostess Level 1 set)

INK: Pretty In Pink

TOOLS: 5-Petal Flower Punch, Crimper, Rhinestone Brad, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Tombo Glue, Glue Dots, clothes pin (non-Stampin' UP!)

Happy Friday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels