Monday, May 24, 2010

Stampin' UP! Mini Convention East Rock Girls Style

     WOW!  Is all I can say about the mini convention that I attended this past Saturday.  As some of you might know, Stampin' UP! hosts a major convention every summer in Utah for all the demonstrators in the United States and Canada.  Well, as much as I would love to go, it's not in the budget this year.  My upline two steps above me, our team (East Rock Girls) leader, put together a mini convention for our team.  WOW! is all I can say for the fabulous job Liz did.  Look at all our goodies:


     Liz gave us all these great summer bags and water bottles.  Inside the bags was the Tropical Party stamp set (from the current summer mini catalog) and all the supplies needed to make the 3 cards and magnetic book mark.  Also included, but not pictured (because I ate it all), was some wonderful chocolate in the shape of sea shells.

     The day was filled with fun, stamping, sharing of ideas, stamping, lunch, business tips, and fun conservation with the girls on the team.  I had a lot of fun!  I can't imagine what the huge convention it like!  Some year I will find out!

     Here are the four projects we stamped:


**Note** All projects used the Tropical Party stamp set found in the summer mini catalog.



This card has a brayered background (Bashful Blue) and is sprayed with homemade shimmer spray using Stampin' UP! Shimmer Paint.





This card was a fun card to make.  It uses the new Designer Series Paper from the summer mini catalog, Island Oasis.  The catalog does not do this paper justice.  It's wonderful!







The card also uses the Island Oasis DSP.  I love the coconut drinks, with the umbrella straws.  They look fun to drink.  I added an Old Olive brad at the top of each umbrella.







This is a magnetic bookmark.  When you open it up, there are two magnets that will "stick" together to save your place in a book.  We also used the Island Oasis DSP on this.  In order to get the flowers and palm trees to look like they are behind the large pink flower, we created a mask and stamped over it, giving them the illusion of being behind the large flower.






     I hope you enjoyed my mini convention, East Rock Girls style share.  If you like to join in this fun, or if you would like to lean how you can save 20% on all your orders AND earn money while having all this fun, let me know.  I'd love to share this opportunity with you.

Happy Monday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels