Sunday, August 23, 2009

Welcome Back!

    Well, it's that time of the year again!  Back-to-School, and for me too.  As a teacher, I'm usually excited to go back to school.  But this year, I wish I had some more vacation.  I spent 6 of my 11 weeks finishing up my classes for my Master's Degree, and the last 4 weeks, on and off, potty training my youngest.  I'm ready for a vacation!

    All that aside, I made two Welcome Back cards.  One is for the new teacher I will be mentoring this school year, and the other is for my student teacher this fall.

The apple was cut on a die cutting machine using the DoodleCharms cartridge.  The "Welcome" was also cut on the Cricut using Lyrical Letters.  I used two different colors of glitter glue for the highlight on the apples.  I mixed red and iridescent on my craft mat and used a tooth pick to add it to my apples.  I like how it turned out. Oh, I also inked the edges of my card in black ink (our district colors are black, red, and white, and I wanted my card to represent the school colors).

    Wish me luck on my first week back to work!  Happy Sunday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels