Friday, July 31, 2009

It's Happy Birthday Time!


When we reach August I'm happy and sad at the same time. I'm happy because August means my birthday (the 3rd), I'm sad because summer is just about over, (and especially this summer, as I've been finishing up my Master's Degree and haven't had much time to have a summer).
With August starting tomorrow and the thought of my birthday coming, I thought I'd share some birthday cards I've made recently.

This first one is one I made for my dad. He loves to sail, and when I saw this punched sail boat, done by Heather Summers in her "Simply Punches 3" class, I knew I HAD to make one for my dad. Her punch classes are so much fun. You should try one.
I used Tim Holtz Distressing ink on the background and on the waves, and a scallop circle punch for the sun.


The Second card is a birthday card I made for my brother. He has a Siberian Husky named Orion. I used a dog punch creation from Heather Summers' "Simply Punches 1
" class, and modified it to look like Orion. What do you think?
I cut the grass from the Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut cartridge. The sun was punched out using the scallop circle punch from Stampin'
UP!, using a current in color, Crushed Curry. It makes a perfect sun. The animals beside the dog are stickers. Orion has his babies, beanie babies, that is. The tennis ball was punched out using a circle punch. I added the lines with a while gel pen. I was so happy with this card when I was finished. I have not yet heard from my brother. I'm sure when I see him next week, I'll hear all about this card.
I have a few more birthday cards to share. I will be sharing those over the next few days.
Enjoy the last day in July!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels