Monday, April 25, 2011

More Easter Cards

     I saw a card in the 2010-11 Idea Book & Catalog that I really wanted to CASE.  It's the Easter card on page 48.  Here is my version of that card:


     I was not happy with this card when I was done.  I kept looking at my card and the one in the catalog and just couldn't figure out why mine didn't look like the one in the catalog.  Well, I figured it out!  My card is too big!  From what I can tell, (and the supply list doesn't give you the card size), I'm pretty sure the card in the catalog is a 4 x 4 card.  My card is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2.  It does make all the difference.

     After all that time trying to figure out why my card didn't look like the one in the catalog, I decided to redesign my card.  Here is what I came up with:


     Just a few slight changes, and I liked it better.  This is the card I did for our monthly dessert night a few weeks ago.  So if you were able to join us at Perkins, you make this card.  I hope you can join us in May (May 9th), for stamping and dessert fun.  To check out all the details, click on the Dessert Night tab at the top of my blog.

RECIPE (items for both cards are included below)

CARD STOCK:  Regal Rose, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, & Whisper White


INKS:  Early Espresso, Rose Red, & Regal Rose


STAMPS:  A Good Egg & Dot, Dot, Dot


TOOLS:  Paper Snips, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, & Scallop Trim Border Punch

Click HERE to purchase Stampin' UP! products from my website, 24/7

     If you would like to know how I did the chick and egg, please ask me.  I'd be happy to share with you how I made him.

    I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Monday off of work, but if not, I hope your Monday is wonderful anyways!

Happy Monday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels