Friday, December 3, 2010

For those December birthdays

     Those of you with friends and family who celebrate a birthday in December know exactly what I'm getting at.  December birthdays are tough to not mix with Christmas.  My sister-in-law has a December birthday.  Over the years, I have made it a point to not mix the two, which sometimes can be a challenge.  But this year was not a problem for me.


     I knew the minute I saw this technique I had to try it.  It's not hard at all.  I first made a mask for my stamp, as the stamp I chose is bigger than the oval in the middle of my card.

FREE TUTORIAL:

     Let me back track for a moment so you can follow me better:

     I bought a wooden frame (5x7) at a local craft store in the wood section.  I then stamped my image on computer paper, then put the wooden frame over my stamped image and traced the oval.  I then cut out the oval.  I used Mono-adhesive and attached my mask to my card front and stamped my image (this was to ensure that my stamped imaged stayed within the oval).

     I then ran the card through the Big Shot in an embossing folder.  I put the embossing folder on Tab 1 (no bottom plate), then I placed the wooden frame on top of my embossing folder, ensuring that the oval was positioned correctly over my stamped image (not hard since you can see through the embossing folders), then placed a plate on top and ran it through.  Volia!  Beautiful embossing with the center blank.

     I then used Blender Pens and "watercolored" the flowers.  I'm really happy with the way this card turned out.  The hardest part of making the card was coloring the flowers.

RECIPE:

CARD STOCK:  Very Vanilla & Blushing Bride

INK:  Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Bashful Blue, & Always Artichoke

STAMPS:  Elements of Style & a retired birthday set

TOOLS:   Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, wooden frame (non-Stampin' UP!), Designer Label Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Stampin' Sponge, & Dimensionals

     Don't let Christmas creep into those December birthdays.  Make the birthday person feel extra special by focusing on their birthday separate from Christmas by making an extra special birthday card.  If you need ideas, please let me know.  I'd be happy to show a ton of birthday ideas.

Happy Friday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels