Thursday, December 16, 2010

Faux Metal Northern Flurry Card

What do you think?

     This picture really does not do this card any justice.  It was impossible to take a picture of it without the glare.

     This idea is not my own.  I saw it about two months ago from Mary Director.   Thank you for the idea Mary!

FREE TUTORIAL:

     To get the faux metal, I used Faux Metal Peel & Stick by Duck.  I found it at Lowes (shhhh!).  I cut a piece slightly larger than I wanted my final size to be.  I then stuck it to a piece of scrap card stock and cut to the size I wanted.  I then used a Stampin' UP! Sizzix embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot.  The effect is gorgeous!

RECIPE:

CARD STOCK:  Poppy Parade & Whisper White PLUS a piece of scrap card stock

INK:  Poppy Parade Classic Ink

STAMPS:  Punch Pals

TOOLS:  Big Shot, Northern Flurry Embossing Folder, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, In-Color Glimmer Brad (Poppy Parade), & 3/16" Corner rounder Punch

     I hope you are enjoying my Northern Flurry cards.  I went a little crazy with this embossing folder.  I really do love it.  Not only will I get Christmas cards from it, but also cards for January.  I love snow and snowmen and this embossing folder is just too perfect for me!

Happy Thursday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels