Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Late Night Stampers Challenge 67-Mother's Day Cards: #2 & Featured Stamper Challenge


     This card has many purposes.

1.  On Stampin' Connection (a Demo Only site with TONS of wonderful ideas), there was a challenge.  Featured Stamper Challenge #13.  The featured stamper was Nancy Riley.  I CASEd her card~which you can see HERE (scroll all the way to the end of her post, it's the last card).  I changed the colors/paper and left off the ribbon.

2.  Stampin' UP! Late Night Stampers Challenge # 67~Mother's Day.  You can join the SU! LNS Yahoo group HERE.  Each week they have a different challenge.  This card was my second challenge entry.

3.  I needed a card for my Mother-In-Law.  I've always loved the paper purses and once I made this card, I knew I wanted to give her this card.

     Look at this picture of two cards:


     The second card was born due to the fact that I messed up how I cut the white designer paper.  I cut it the wrong way.  Boy was I upset!  But, once I started playing with it, I got this, and I really like it.

     I'm reminded of the following, "A mistake (smudge, mis-cut, etc.) is an opportunity to embellish".  Or in my case, same card, different look.

     RECIPE:

Card Stock:  Basic Black, SAB DSP, Mellon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Pretty In Pink

Ink: Basic Black

Stamps:  All Holidays

Tools: 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Square Punches, Round Tab Punch, Large & Small Oval Punches, Word Window Punch, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Vintage Brads.

Happy Tuesday!

 
Pin It

1 comment:

Patricia Gessner said...

Sandy, these cards are neat. I am going to try one for sure.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels