Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Valentine Tree

     The idea for this card came from Dolores Bettner.  Her card was posted on Stampin' Connection, a website for demonstrators - full of thousands of ideas and inspiration.  Thank you Dolores for a WONDERFUL idea!


     I envisioned this card, at least the shape of this card, the minute I saw the heart shaped framelits.  
Hearts Collection Framelits Dies - 125599 - $26.95
     I really like how this card turned out. It started out as a 5x5 card.  I used the largest, scalloped heart from the hearts framelits to cut out the shape.  As you can see, I folded the card and put the framelit off the to left, so one edge overhang the edge, leaving part of the fold so it would be a card.  I then inked the edges in Pink Pirouette, in order to soften the white card.

     You might be surprised to know that the stamp set I used was Holiday Happiness.  
Clear Mount - 12079 - $11.95
Wood Mount - 120786 - $14.95
     Yes, a Christmas set.  When I saw what Dolores did, I fell in love with it.  Can you imagine all the holidays you can use this set for?  Just wait!

RECIPE

CARD STOCK:  Whisper White, Red & Silver Glitter Paper

INKS:  Riding Hood Red & Pink Pirouette

STAMPS:  Holiday Happiness

TOOLS/ACCESSORIES:  Big Shot, Heart Framelits, Fashionable Hearts Embosslit, Small Heart Punch, & Heart to Heart Punch

Click HERE to order Stampin' Up! products from my website, 24/7

     I hope this card gives you ideas on using stamps sets outside their obvious intentions.  Sometimes someone points out a good idea and your ideas start running.  Feel free to leave a comment with your ideas.  I'd love to hear them all and share them with others.  Together we can find great uses for stamp sets we thought were meant for only one particular holiday!

Happy Saturday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels