Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Card

     The annual Stampin' Up! convention is going on right now in Salt Lake City, Ut.  I'm so bummed to not be there - I've been watching some live feed from demos who are there - and the energy - oh how I wish I could be there.  BUT... I'm in Cape Cod with my family, which is so nice and beautiful - cool (76 degrees as compared to 94 degrees at home), and I'm with my family - a nice break is much appreciated.

     To help lift my spirits about not being at the convention, I've decided to post to my blog, while my husband and boys visit the beach (sounds like fun, but it's cool and windy and I am cold, so I opted to stay home this trip).  I was looking though my camera and found TONS of pictures I have yet to post (I guess I've been busy or something :O)

     I found this *fun* birthday card I made for my husband:


     I saw the candle idea on the demo-only site, Stampin' Connection, by several different demos, so I'm not sure who to give credit to.  The flame is done using the Build a Blossom stamp set - stamping the smallest petal and punching it upside-down.  I inked it using Cherry Cobbler craft ink and heat embossed it using clear embossing powder.  I think this gives it a better illusion of a real  flame.  What do you think?

     Because my husband's age was too much to put that many candles on his card, I got creative and used numbers to indicate his age.  I really like how it turned out.  What do you think?

RECIPE

CARD STOCK:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, & retired holiday DSP


INK:  Cherry Cobbler - classic & craft inks & Pumpkin Pie


STAMPS:  Build a Blossom & Happy Moments (retired)


TOOLS:  Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Blossom Petals Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Basic Black Stamin' Write Marker, & Electronic cutting machine (to cut out the numbers)

Click HERE to order Stampin' Up! products from my website, 24/7

     I hope this card puts a smile on your face and improves your disposition like it did for me today!  Tough I wish I was at the convention, I am happy to be with family & friends in a lovely, cool place.

Happy Friday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels