Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cutting Stampin' UP! paper - questions answered

     I have received this question (how to cut paper to fit a stamped image) a bunch of times.  When I opened a newsletter from Stampin' UP! demo, Christine Miller and saw this little question and answer on cutting paper to fit a stamped image, I knew I needed to post it for all of you.

Q.  How do I know what size to cut my Whisper White or Very Vanilla card stock for my stamped image?
    
A.   An easy rule-of-thumb would be to cut your card stock to the dimensions of the wood block that your image is attached to.

For example, you want to layer one of the images, the second from the left, from Pocket Silhouettes on page 111 of the new 2010-11 Idea Book & Catalog.

Measure the wood block: 1-1/4” x 2-1/4”. Cut the card stock you will be stamping on to that size. For additional layers, 1/8” wider on each edge, just add 1/4” to the measurement for the first layer: 1-1/2” x 2-1/2”.

For the next layer, if desired, add another 1/4”: 1-3/4” x 2-3/4”

     I hope this helps answer your question.  The effect can be stunning.

Happy Tuesday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels