Friday, May 7, 2010

Graduation, Here I Come!


     Well, the BIG day is FINALLY here!  I'm so excited!  I just can't wait.  I've worked so hard and so long.  My boys are very excited for me, and they really don't know why they are excited.



Here are some really cute, quick, and small graduation favors I whipped up.



I actually made these last year for the boys to take to school on their last day.  All the kids loved them.  This idea is not my own.  I CASEd if from Becky Roberts.  Check out her favors HERE.  I left off the brad to hold the tassel on.  Either way, they make great favors.

My tutorial for the Mortar Board Chocolates:

RECIPE:


CARD STOCK: Real Red (choose your school colors)

TOOLS:  Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, 1" Square Punch, Glue Dots, yarn (choose your school colors)~Non-Stampin' UP!, Hershey's Nuggets candy~Non-Stampin' UP!, clear tape (like the kind you use to wrap gifts)~Non-Stampin' UP!

1.  Punch a 1" square out of Real Red.
2.  Pierce a hole in the center of the square.
3.  Make a tassel (cut a piece of cardboard the size you want your tassel~the wide of the cardboard should be the length you want your tassel.  Wrap yard or embroidery floss around the cardboard a few times~the more you wrap, the thick your tassel will be.  Cut an extra piece off, to tie off the top (make this one long).  Cut the bottom.  With another piece of yard or floss, tie off just slightly down from the top.  That's it!)
4.  Thread the tassel strings from the front to the back, and tape, to your length desired.
5.  Use two Glue Dots to attach Mortar Board to candy.

Here are some really neat graduation favors I also made.  I made these to put on the table at dinner the night of graduation.



Again, this was not my idea.  I CASEd the idea from Tanya Kilgore.  She shared her idea on Stampin' Connection, a site only for Stampin' UP! Demonstrators.  By is this a wonderful resource for demos.  All the share that goes on here.  It's a stampers dream.  Tanya used embroidery floss when she made hers.  I chose yarn due to the number I made.

     My tutorial for the Mortar Board Treat Cups:

RECIPE:

CARD STOCK: Basic Black & Real Red (choose your school colors)

TOOLS:  Round Treat Cups, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Black Eyelet, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, yarn (in school colors)~Non-Stampin' UP!, tools to set an eyelet (Crop-A-Dile won't work-it's too short)~Non-Stampin' UP!, candy~Non-Stampin' UP!, Tombo Glue

1.  Cut Basic Black card stock it 3 x 3
2.  Cut a 2 1/2" circle out of Real Red, then punch a 1 3/4" circle from the center of that Real Red circle.
3.  Pierce a hole in the center of the 3 x 3 Basic Black square.
4.  Set the black eyelet in that hole.
5.  Make a tassel (cut a piece of cardboard the size you want your tassel~the wide of the cardboard should be the length you want your tassel.  Wrap yard or embroidery floss around the cardboard a few times~the more you wrap, the thick your tassel will be.  Cut an extra piece off, to tie off the top (make this one long).  Cut the bottom.  With another piece of yard or floss, tie off just slightly down from the top.  That's it!)
6.  Thread the tassel strings from the front to the back, and tie off, to your length desired.
7.  Fill your Treat Cup with candy (I used M&M's and Hershey's Pieces to match my school colors).
8.  Take the backing off of the Treat Cup and attach to the back of the Mortar Board.
9.  Glue Real Red circle around Treat Cup to hide the edges.
10.  OPTIONAL: Cut a second 3x3 square, cut a 1 3/4" circle in the center, and layer in on the back of your first one, around the Treat Cup~to hide the edges.

NOTE:  I opted not to do a trap door to get the candy out, but you can do that as well.

     I hope I was able to share a few graduation favor ideas for you!  Enjoy!

Happy Friday!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts

Labels